Courteous Canine Diving Dog Days of Summer & AKC Trick Dog Competition
July 6, 2018 - July 8, 2018 (Friday - Sunday)
This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/04/2018 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
11:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
05:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
Friday July,6 2018
Early registration for Friday events and the weekend splashes plus early crate set up at 9.00 am you will be given free practice splashes before the 11.00 start time and also before and after Fridays Air Retrieve if you prepay for your all your weekend splashes on Friday. There will also be three additional open splashes this event before air retrieve on Friday to help get those last couple of splashes needed for an advance or excellent title before Nationals.
Saturday & Sunday we will be also having an AKC Trick Title Event & Contest during our splashes. For info contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , Trick training titling evaluations will be available at the event both Saturday and Sundays. The fee is $10 per trick dog title and per dog.
We will have Dr Jennifer Brown of Florida Veterinary Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine on Saturday for anyone looking to have their dog checked out or adjusted
Please read before signing up!
- Thank you for understanding our no choke, prong, or shock collars policy. This policy includes parking lot and waiting to get onto dock as our insurance company does not allow choke, prong, or shock collars.
- This is a cluster event so there is no fixed running order, this is first come first serve but you need to have your cards in for your running order no later than 1.5 hour before the end of last splash of each day or you will forfeit your Splash cards for that day and not entitled for a refund .
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, and we will address them in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it, if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- All competitors to start check-in at 8.00am on Saturday And Sunday that did not prepay on Friday. The check in on Friday starts at 10.00 am no parking on the field on Friday, But Saturday & Sunday parking on the field and the Dog school area will be avalible.
- Please note that if any pre-entries that are not paid for on first check-in on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be sold as day of entries price even if you want to pay for them later.
- For everyone's safety, please do not bring or enter dog or human-reactive dogs.
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!
- If you need handicap parking please contact us and we will reserve your space in our handicap parking area closest to the pool! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
We here at Courteous Canine Diving Dogs thank you so much for attending our event and we are wishing you fun enjoyable time for you and your dog