Courteous Canine Diving Dogs 2018 Next to the Last , Last Qualifier & UpDog Disc Challenge
October 5, 2018 - October 7, 2018 (Friday - Sunday)
This is a qualifier event for the National Diving Dog Championships.
This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 10/03/2018 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of all the jumps from the event for each dog. The top two averages in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
11:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
Notice: If preregistration sells out you still can compete in this Qualifier.
There will be for each of the 11 splashes at least 10 open spaces available day of registration, and 8 more Air Retrieve spots for each Day.
Email Scott : firstname.lastname@example.org with your dogs NADD number to be put on the waiting list,once confirmed by Scott you are on the waiting list, you will be able to enter the splashes requested when checking in, with out worry of being turned away. The staff will be there early all three days so if you are ready to jump at 7 am we will be ready for you , we will be there until dark if we run late. We will do everything we can to make sure every dog jumps this event.
Friday Oct,5 2018
Early registration for Friday events and the weekend splashes plus early crate set up at 7.00 am you will be given free practice splashes up until we start at 9 Friday and before Air Retrieve if you prepay for your all your weekend splashes on Friday. There will also be three additional open splashes this year before air retrieve to help get those last couple of splashes needed for an advance or excellent title before Nationals
Ed from Wonders of life Photography will be on site also
Saturday & Sunday we will be also having an UpDog Disc Challenge next door during our splashes. For info on UpDog go to https://updogchallenge.com/
NOTE: This event is a QUALIFYING event for the 2018 NADD/AKC Eukanuba National Diving Dog Championships. To qualify for nationals, each dog must have a minimum of 3 splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of all the jumps from the event for each dog for all 3 days. The TOP 2 AVERAGES in each division will receive an automatic invite to the 2018 National Championships if you have also completed 15 splashes for the year. Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
The Air Retrieve Qualifier will be all three days and based on your longest jump of all three days. You do not have to be in all 3 AR qualifiers for an invite if you only do 1 and you are the top score in class with no tied score in the Novice, Senior, Master and Elite Division,you will earn invites in Air Retrieve if you completed 5 splashes by end of the NADD season.
Please read before signing up!
- Thank you for understanding our no choke, prong, or shock collars policy. This policy includes parking lot and waiting to get onto dock as our insurance company does not allow choke, prong, or shock collars.
- This is a cluster event so there is no fixed running order, this is first come first serve but you need to have your cards in for your running order no later than 1.5 hour before the end of last splash of each day or you will forfeit your Splash cards for that day and not entitled for a refund .
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, and we will address them in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it, if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- All competitors to start check-in at 8.00am on Saturday And Sunday that did not prepay on Friday. The check in on Friday starts at 8.00 am
- Please note that if any pre-entries that are not paid for on first check-in on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be sold as day of entries price even if you want to pay for them later.
- For everyone's safety, please do not bring or enter dog or human-reactive dogs.
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!
- If you need handicap parking please contact us and we will reserve your space in our handicap parking area closest to the pool! Please contact email@example.com to reserve your spot.
We here at Courteous Canine Diving Dogs thank you so much for attending our event and we are wishing you fun enjoyable time for you and your dog