24K Diving Dogs Splash Pawty 2018
April 27, 2018 - April 29, 2018 (Friday - Sunday)
This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 04/25/2018 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $20.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $25.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
Stuff you need to know about our facility
You will be required to sign a waiver for 24k Diving Dogs as well as the NADD waiver. Absolutely NO dogs are allowed in the pond at any time or inside any of our training rings (agility, obedience). Unless crated, dogs must be leashed at all times except when on the dock. Leashes cannot exceed 6’ in length. Retractable leashes are absolutely prohibited. Prong collars are allowed but must be removed before entering the dock. You must pick up after your dogs, failure to do so will result in forfeiture of your splashes. Please look at the attached photo it has the layout for dropping off your gear, parking, and crating. We will be offering a practice jump for participants prior to the “first” splash of each day to allow your dogs the opportunity to get wet. Please keep a safe distance between other participants and their dogs. If you have a reactive dog and choose to participate in any Dock Diving activities here at 24k you will be responsible for keeping your dog under control at ALL times. Feel free to use a basket muzzle. Keep ample space from all other dogs. IF your dog lunges or causes any reactive incident you will be invited to leave and forfeit any or all monies due to 24k. We want all dogs to enjoy events here at 24k. However, we must keep the events safe for everyone and every dog. If you have a reactive dog take measures to keep your dog out of any incidents so that it can enjoy the sport as well. Anyone who pushes or throws their dog into the pool or in any other way abuses their dog will be excluded from further participation and will forfeit any splash or fees
Cash and checks are the preferred method of payment. We do accept all major credit cards with a 3% convenience fee.
Thank you for choosing to attend our event. We hope you and your dog/dogs have a great time. If at anytime you have a question or suggestions please do not hesitate to ask one of the workers (not the judge) REMEMBER HAVE FUN WITH YOUR DOG!!!!
Places to stay – Please contact them directly for pet policies.
Holiday Inn Express and Suites (16 miles)
1413 Tallahassee Hwy
Bainbridge GA 39819
Big River RV Park (15 miles)
801 W. Shotwell St
Bainbridge GA 39819
Candlewood Suites (18.3 miles)
2815 Lakeshore Drive
Tallahassee FL 32312
Big Oak RV Park (13.7 miles)
4024 N. Monroe Street
Tallahassee FL 32303
Best Western Executive Inn (16.5 miles)
2800 US Hwy 84 E
Cairo, GA 39828
There will not be food provided at the trial. Here is a list of the closest restaurants.
7771 Florida Georgia Hwy (4.7 miles)
El Jalisco Havana (5.8 miles)
102 East First Ave
Millers Lighthouse Seafood Grill (5.5 miles)
6780 Florida Georgia Hwy
Havana FL 32333