Are you having an AKC Dog event soon?
Would you like info on how to get a NADD mobile dock to attend your event?
NADD Mobile Dock Event Data Sheet
Required Space for event: The dock is 8 ft wide by 44 ft long. The pool is 24 ft wide by 42 ft long. The basic overall space needed is 30 ft wide by 100 ft long. This area must be level and allow for water to drain or run off easily. (Note: If an event is to be held indoors, there are many factors that must be addressed PRIOR to booking the event. Please contact your NADD representative to discuss these.)
• Power: NADD must have access to a power source within a reasonable distance. We can run extension cords, but need power for sound system, filters and computers for registration.
• Water: The event host is responsible for helping to set up for water delivery. Our standard pool requires about 28,000 gallons of water. This can usually be accomplished through contacting a local Fire Department to have them pump water through a nearby hydrant. Every department is different, but most will charge a fee by metering the water as it fills the pool. This is a cost that can be covered through sponsorship or donations. Be aware, sometimes the city or local government will donate the water also.
• Access:. NADD must have easy vehicular access to the event and the event area. Also, some competitors will want to drive up to unload crates, EZ-Up tents, and other gear. The event area should be clearly marked and information provided with access points.
• Registration: NADD will offer online pre-registration in the months before the event and also on-site registration during the event. NADD will set up a registration tent and provide Waivers and Releases for ALL competitors to sign. (For information on NADD rules, please check our website).
• Vendors: NADD welcomes vendors to set up in the area near the pool, if approved by the event host. This is a great way to cover costs for the host, as dock diving usually draws a lot of spectators. Charging vendor fees helps reduce and/or cover any costs the host may have accrued (water, hotels, etc.) If, on the rare occasion NADD has acquired a dock sponsor, then with approval of the event host, NADD will allow their sponsor to have a vendor tent in the area.
Cost: As NADD strives to get more dogs involved in the sport of dock jumping, we try to keep our overhead costs as low as possible. The more an event host can do to help us reduce costs on the forefront, this allows NADD to reduce the upfront fees. Also, to help us ensure we can cover the cost of facilitating the event, we require at least 150-200 dogs be (pre-registered?). This is an estimated number of competitors that allows us to establish our costs through registration fees.
NADD’s current registration fees for competitors are listed below:
• Splashes & Air Retrieve fees: $25
• Try-It Daily Fees: $15
• Private and/or group lessons are available at select events and those costs can be discussed with the event coordinator.
• Pool rental: At select events, a group or club may schedule the pool AFTER the event is done in the evening in 30 minute sessions. This is done on a 1st come, 1st serve basis and can only be done onsite. Time, daylight and number of competitors can affect availability.
NADD offers club rebates to allow event hosts the opportunity to recoup some of the expenses incurred with the event. Ask us fo rmore information.
Event Schedule: NADD will discuss event scheduling with the event host prior to posting the event. The basic schedule will be Splashes during the day with Air retrieve (when offered) at the end of the competition day. Make up jumps will always be available immediately following the last splash of the day. If an event wants to offer practice times for competitors , this can be arranged during discussion of event setup, but must be listed on the schedule prior to posting the event on the NADD webpage. (Please note, there is plenty of Open-Dock time for new people who have purchased Try-It slots and competitors practice throughout each day also)